17. Mount the cap tenon into the scroll chuck. Use the Forstner bit to drill the cap about 1/4-in. deeper than the length of the tenon on the body (Photo 12).
18. Install the 1/4-in. bit in the Jacobs-style chuck and drill through the cap (Photo 13).
19. Now it's time to compare the hardware dimensions with the mill you have created thus far. Place the mechanism into the body. Screw the cap nut all the way down then, back it off one full turn.
20. Measure to determine the cap's height (Photo 14).
21. Widen the hole in the cap to fit the tenon on the body. This fit should be a little loose for easy pepper grinding. I widen the hole with either a parting tool or a skew held flat and horizontal on the rest.
22. Establish the height of the cap by cutting in with the parting tool, about one-forth of the way down at this time.
23. Use the detail/spindle gouge to shape the outside of the cap (Photo 15). To check the overall look of the mill I often turn the lathe off and put the body on the cap.
24. Remove the cap from the scroll chuck. Mount the waste block back in the scroll chuck and create a new tenon to use as a jam chuck for the cap.
25. Turn away the remaining waste material on the cap to achieve the final height (Photo 16). When you're satisfied with the shape and quality of your turning, go ahead and sand the cap.
26. The mechanism I've chosen uses four small screws to secure the mill in the base. Pre-drill each of the holes with the 1/16-in. bit. Screw the mill hardware in place. Add the cap and nut and see how it performs.
Love Potion #7?
The New Science of Love with a little wizardry thrown in.
In every great fairy tale, the sorcerers take a little science and throw in a little magic to create the perfect brew that brings two lovers together. Romance is all about chemistry and these seven brilliant stones can add just the right magical fire to raise the temperature of your secret potion. In today's most important design called the "River of Love", this pendant of 2 carats t.w. of graduated DiamondAura stones is the perfect blend of science and sorcery. Our Gemologists have broken the code to create an impeccable stone with even more fire and better clarity than mined diamonds. Of course, the DiamondAura stones are hard enough to cut glass and they are so clear and white that they rival a "D Flawless" diamond in terms of color and clarity. In the laboratory, we have found a way to match the brilliance and stunning reflective qualities of a diamond by using science and thus we avoid the outrageous price.
Perfection from the laboratory. We will not bore you with the details of the Hip|||)MI||||n)H ingenious process, ^^^B^^WTfflffKfH'IBBijfffWIffff but will only say that it involves the use of rare minerals heated Hgggj^^^gjgjj^^M to an incredibly high IsSE^^^^MiJIEjSSg temperature of over ^BjS^SB^^SSjS^^^^S^^Sj
5000' F. This can only be accomplished inside HHUHBiiBlMMMii^^^^BMM
some very modern and expensive laboratory equipment. After cutting and polishing, scientists finally created a faultless marvel that's optically brighter and clearer with more flashes of color. According to the book Jewelry
Receive these scintillating DiamondAura 18k gold over sterling silver stud earrings
X» ^ and clarity for a magnificent price, the 2 carat DiamondAura "River of Love" 7 stone necklace is mounted in 18k gold fused over sterling silver for only $129.00! Just to make and Gems-the Buying Guide the technique used in DiamondAura offers, "The best diamond simulation to date, and even some jewelers have mistaken these stones for mined diamonds."
The 4 Cs. Our DiamondAura jewelry retains every important specification: color, clarity, cut, and carat weight. In purely scientific measurement terms, the fire is actually superior to that of a diamond. Fire is the dispersion of white light into a rainbow of color. Our team of cutters and polishers artistically performs the symmetrically brilliant, 58-facet cut to maximize the light reflection and refraction.
Buying naturally mined diamonds can be a dangerous journey. Prices are high and often fixed, quality is subjective and the origins of the stones may be in doubt. Do you really want to worry about that or do you just want a look that is spectacular.
The "River of Love" is for that love of a lifetime. If you're looking for the most fire, carat weight, brilliance
14101 Souchcross Drive W., Dept. ROL225-02 BurnsviHe, Minnesota 55337
Promotional Code ROL22S-02
Please mention this code when you call.
10" Pepper Grinder Kit (includes salt shaker top and bottom plugs), #126639, $16.
small and break easily so be sure to pre-drili.
screws. These screws are
1 w Assem JL / ble the parts with the supplied
IO Drill a 1/4-«LJin. hole through the cap. Work slowly, removing the bit and chips frequently to avoid binding and overheating.
M Determine the final height of the cap by measuring the distance from the tenon shoulder to the bottom of the cap nut. Before you measure, screw the cap nut down all the way then back it off a full turn.
1 KShape -L *_/the outside of the cap with the detail/spindle gouge.The goal is to have something that feels great in the hand and looks pleasant to the eye.
Was this article helpful?
Wood finishing can be tricky and after spending hours on building your project you want to be sure that you get the best outcome possible. In The Complete Guide To Wood Finishing you will learn how to get beautiful, professional results no matter what your project is, even if you have never tried your hand at wood finishing before. You will learn about every step in the wood finishing process from a professional wood finisher with years of experience.